ABOUT TALENT RAKYAT PROTÉGÉ
Talent Rakyat Protégé is a capacity enhancement programme that provides soft skills and hard skills to unemployed graduates. The programme is organized in collaboration with Bank Rakyat and the Ministry of Higher Education. This high-impact programme has the aim of aiding those who have completed their studies but have yet to find employment to develop their marketability and employability. The programme focuses on the provision of industrial training and the acquisition of the appropriate skills, knowledge and working experience throughout the training process.
- Enhance the employability of the unemployed graduates by providing them with skills as per the requirements of the industry after following a tailor-made training programme.
- To empower young graduate with relevant knowledge, information, skills, and capabilities to enable them to identify available entrepreneurship opportunities and utilize them.
- To foster creativity and innovation among fresh graduates through a holistic skills-building approach.
At the end of this course, participants will have gained the following skills:
- Designing, implementing, and analysing digital advertising;
- Publishing audio and visual contents;
- Understanding the principles of photography and graphic design;
- Delivering effective and impactful creative writing;
- Understanding branding concepts.
- Academic Placement
In-class training and on-the-job training.
The Talent Rakyat Protégé Academic course was introduced under this banner and has had an impact on reducing unemployment among fresh graduates of public and private institutions alike.
- Skill Placement
In-class and practical training.
Targeting the creative and technology-mediated skills enshrined in the principles of 21st Century Learning, Yayasan Bank Rakyat has designed a skills-building programme that exposes fresh graduates to business and career opportunities through the digital platform.
The Talent Rakyat Protégé Skills programme was launched on 1 October 2016. This initiative is focused on delivering the Digital Science and Entrepreneurship.
Talent Rakyat Protégé modules were designed with the overarching objective of this programme in mind, which is to enhance the employability of fresh graduates through a holistic skill-building approach. Modules are updated from time to time to meet the current demands of the ever-changing job market. During the program, each participant will be expected to demonstrate learning and development in their future job and Entrepreneurship skills.
- Innovation and Creativity
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Information literacy
- Communication and collaboration
- Communication technology literacy
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Initiative and self-direction
- Social and intercultural skills
- Productivity and accountability
- Leadership and responsibility
Application is open to students across all fields of studies. Participants are selected based on their CGPAs at the end of their studies. Those who meet the criteria will be invited for an interview conducted by the Yayasan Bank Rakyat management and Bank Rakyat representatives.
Age 26 and below
a) 2nd Class Upper, or
b) CGPA of 2.75 & above, or
c) Above 75% distinction