1. Open to members of Bank Rakyat and/or their children.
2. An active Bank Rakyat member for more than 1 year.
3. Applicants must be a bachelor’s degree graduates from a public or private higher learning institutions recognized by the Ministry of Education, the Private Education Department and the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA).
4. Applicants must be a first-class honours degree graduate (CGPA 3.5 and above).
5. Applicants must not be more than 25 years of age at the time of the closing date of the application.
6. Each registered Bank Rakyat member is only eligible to one (1) Education Excellence Award per person.
7. ONLY full-time graduates from September 2018 onwards are eligible for the Education Excellence Award.
9. Note: Former recipients of a Yayasan Bank Rakyat Education Excellence Award are not eligible to apply.
1. All applications must be submitted via the online application form.
2. Keep within the word limits specified on the application form.
3. You can upload up to three files to support your application. 2MB is the maximum size allowed for a single uploaded file and preferred file types are PDF and JPEG.
4. You are welcome to combine supporting document files into one PDF file and upload as one supporting document (ensure the PDF file size is no more than 2MB).
5. Do not upload letters of recommendation or references. Your references will be requested by us if you are shortlisted.
1. Applicants are required to prepare and submit all the supporting documents in an orderly manner.
2. The preferred method of application is for individuals to complete and submit their own self-application.
3. In the first instance, parents (members of Bank Rakyat) should encourage their children to complete and submit a self-application. However, to apply on behalf of one or more of their children (one application per member), parents can use the nomination form.
If you are shortlisted, we will request the following from you:
1. a copy of your mycard, letter of graduation, full academic transcript, Bank Rakyat member statement, birth certificate and your Bank Rakyat Savings Account
2. a high-resolution photograph of yourself.
3. We will contact your referees to verify the information that you have provided in the application form, therefore please select referees who can comment directly on your achievements. If they are unable to provide a reference for you, your application may not be considered further. It is good practice to check that your referees are happy to provide you a reference before you enter their details.
1. An email with the final decision will be sent directly to all self-applicants and nominees (and their nominators), by Friday 16 July 2019.
2. Details of the 2019 award recipients will be published on www.yayasanbankrakyat.com.my after the ceremony event.
Conditions of Accepting the Award
1. All award recipients must be available to attend the awards ceremony in-person on Friday 2 August 2019.
2. All award winners must be willing to participate in publicity and promotion surrounding the Awards, if requested.
3. RM1,000.00 (Ringgit Malaysia One Thousand ONLY) will be awarded to award recipients.
The 2018 awards ceremony will take place on Friday 2 August 2019, 8:30-12:30 pm at Menara Kembar Bank Rakyayt. All award recipients will be permitted to bring up to two guests to the awards ceremony.